Friday, July 05, 2013

Friday's Fave Five #240

This right here is one of the things I missed the most during my break in blog posts.  It is so satisfying to end the week listing 5 of your favorite blessings.  So happy to see that Susanne is still running this!

1. Bridal Photos - Last week we did the bridal portraits and had such a fabulous time!  Lynne', her maid of honor and I met at the wedding venue for pictures, then went to a few more places around town for more photos.  It warms a mother's soul to see her beautiful daughter all dressed up in wedding finery, smiling and having a great time.  When we were finished the three of us went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and that was great too.  The closer it gets to the date the more excited I get!

2. Bridal Dresses - As luck would have it our bridal portraits were shot on the first 100 degree day of the year.  In addition to that she was running all around and the dress was a little tired from all the excitement.  I took it in today to get cleaned and ready for the big day and I have to say that the ladies at the bridal shop are so kind and helpful every time I've been there.  I mentioned this to the lady helping me and she said that it's easy for them to be kind when we were not waiting til the last minute on everything and then expecting them to jump at our command.  Again I am impressed with my daughter doing things ahead of time and saving us from any of that stress!

3. Kitchen Remodel - It's coming right along!  A few tweaks to be done this weekend and then on Monday the granite guys arrive.  I'm so excited and so thankful to have a wonderful husband that can do all of this - and do it so well.  It's turning out gorgeous and I can't wait to cook again, especially in an all new kitchen!


4. Beau - This little dog has brought so much joy into our lives.  I sometimes look deep into his eyes and wonder if he's happy here or if he still thinks of his previous home (he was a rescue dog).  Keith just shakes his head and tells me I give this dog far more credit for thought than what he probably has, but I can't help but wonder.  I know that he's happy here and the picture above shows that.  He *adores* the water and sprinklers are absolutely the cat's pajamas for him - he goes nuts when he sees me setting it up!  He was running and leaping and barking and just the epitome of joy, though he looks a little grumpy in the photo above.  You'll just have to trust me on how much fun he was having.


5. Knitting - I'm working on a beautiful cowl, the first one I've made.  While we were watching tv last night I'm just happily knitting away and a certain little cocker spaniel decided it was time for love.  Somehow he managed to jump on my lap and under the knitting, just as happy as a clam.  Silly boy...  :)

9 comments:

Faith said...

looks like some special faves. Is it a new trend to do bridal photos BEFORE the weeding?? just curious. My oldest is only 20 and still in college so no where near ready for marriage and my youngest is only 14 so she isn't ready either...just wondering as i haven't heard of doing photos before the wedding here in my part of NYS. My youngest would LOVE your dog! very cute. enjoy your weekend and the kitchen make over!!

Barbara H. said...

The bridal picture session sounds so fun. Glad it all went well and the bridal shop people have been so helpful.

Glad everything is going so well with the kitchen remodel! Sounds exciting!

Heather said...

I love looking at bridal photos. A couple that I am friends with does those and they are amazing!

The puppy is so cute! What kind is he?

I do not knit,but I do make jewelry. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

He certainly is a cute dog. I like to knit also but have put that all away for the summer. It's just to hot. I think I made a shawl in that color one time and gave it to a friend.

Karen said...

Friday Favorites are the thing I miss, too, when I take a blog break. So nice to look back at the week. Your dog is adorable. We have a springer spaniel and there's just something about those spaniel ears that make me melt:)

Susanne said...

It's so nice to see you back!

Oh I know how much fun a dog can have with a simple sprinkler. Our dog is the same. Just loves the water.

It sounds like your daughter is handling everything just beautifully for her wedding. Such an exciting time for your family!

How exciting about the kitchen remodel! We did our's last fall and I just love my kitchen. You'll have to give us a picture when it's all finished.

Brenda said...

Your dog is beautiful! If I had a yard, we'd have a dog :) Pets bring us so much joy.

susan said...

Ohhh, just think, by tomorrow night you'll have a new counter. Hurray! And hurray for a husband who can and will do a kitchen remodel. So what recipes will you make to inaugurate your new kitchen?

Love the colour of your current knitting project. How cute that Beau snuggled up under it - to get closer to you?. He really is a smart dog!

Have a good week.

susan said...

Ohhh, just think, by tomorrow night you'll have a new counter. Hurray! And hurray for a husband who can and will do a kitchen remodel. So what recipes will you make to inaugurate your new kitchen?

Love the colour of your current knitting project. How cute that Beau snuggled up under it - to get closer to you?. He really is a smart dog!

Have a good week.