Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Worktable on Wednesday



Since I haven't finished anything for a while I thought I'd at least share a picture of some of the things I have in progress.


This is the overview of the table I use most for my crafting.  Bottom left you'll see a stamp/ink, diamond glaze and dimensional tape - I just finished doing a card and I'll share it shortly.  To the left is my Zutter and that reminds me of another project I need to share (the mind.... it really is the first to go....).

The little cozy is covering my serger, which sadly has not seen any action in quite some time.  It does still hold a place of honor on the table though.

And of course the knitting, always the knitting.  How do I love knitting... let me count the ways...


This blob of beauty is the wedding shawl, very much the priority project right now.  I am ready to start the Scalloped Lace Edging now, which is only 15 rows.  Of course when doing a shawl, those last 15 rows are the longest rows, but it's ok because I am loving knitting this for my daughter.  My personal goal is to have it finished and blocked before the 19th so that I can bring it along when we pick up the wedding dress from alterations.  I'd like to know beforehand if the shawl will actually look good with the dress rather than showing up at the wedding and thinking it's a good idea and then discover it's not.


Never content to only have one knitting project in progress, especially one that is very special and has a time limit like a wedding shawl, this is what I cast on June 1st.  I, of course, am weak and was lured into Camp Loopy with The Loopy Ewe again this year.  


I'm knitting the Magpie Cowl with Alisha Goes Around Richness (of Martens) Fingering yarn in the Evening Lilac colorway.  Oh my word, this yarn is a thrill to knit with!!!  75% Superwash Merino Wool, 15% Cashmere, 10% Silk.  The pattern is easily memorized and this is great tv knitting, nice since the lace wedding shawl isn't so much.

No comments: