Sunday, August 23, 2009

Faithful In His Promises

We are back from a great weekend at the lake. It was just the four of us this time - Keith, Lynne', Joe (the golden retriever) and I, but it seems like regardless of how many are there it's always my favorite weekend ever.

Today started especially great. I woke up before the other two, so I slipped on my shoes and went for an early morning walk. It is so quiet up there around the lake and so much beauty and wonder to see when we slow down for just a minute and look. Last night while out 4 wheelin' we saw 3 deer down by the lake, so we pulled over for a few minutes to watch them. I am thoroughly convinced that these are the same three babies that Keith and I saw when we spent a week up there in July. And like any proud mama I was so happy to see them growing up healthy and well.

I ended up at a small cafe to get a cup of coffee to go. I hadn't made any coffee earlier since I didn't want to be the party pooper and wake the other two up, but I sure do appreciate a beautiful cup each morning! The fun part of getting it at the cafe was chit chatting with the others there.

Finally left and went back to the house, where it was still filled with sleep. I got my Bible and Beth Moore study guide and went outside with my coffee and my God and spent some time in the word. So peaceful and so perfect - even to the point of seeing some butterflies nearby.
What a fun blessing!


When the sleepyheads finally got up we headed out four wheelin' again and saw these flowers growing wild down by the lake. They were stunningly gorgeous, though all I had was my cell phone camera for pictures. The amazing thing is they remind me of something you'd find growing in Hawaii, not the border between Texas and Oklahoma! Another fun blessing today.


We ended up heading over by the boat ramp because I am here to tell you that a person's true personality seems to come out on boat ramps. It can really go between amusing to shameful to sometimes even scandalous over there. The one thing it never is though is boring. But today we pulled up and saw the above. Seems a big wind storm - they don't think it was a tornado - went through recently and basically wadded up one of the boat docks nearby. They'd pulled the boats out by now and they were all lined up on shore and we were just shocked to see them. One pretty large boat had a pole pushed straight through the hull! Not sure how it happened, but it was sobering to see. I'm just quite thankful that nobody was injured.

In the course of a 24 hour period we saw some amazing examples of God's beauty in nature, and also an example of how we need to respect the weather and nature.

And better still, my Bible study is Living Beyond Yourself - Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit and this week we are studying Faithfulness. The examples above surely point to how faithful He is to us:

Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures through all generations.
The Lord is faithful to all his promises
and loving toward all he has made.
Psalm 145:13 (NIV)


AMEN!

4 comments:

Sherry @ Delightful Hands said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I may need some tips! What a beautiful journal to share! I enjoyed reading it - Blessings to you my friend! Sherry

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I loved that Beth Moore Bible study. It was really good. Glad you had a great time at the lake. Love & blessings from NC!

grammy said...

Looks like a beautiful restful time. I love Beth Moore studies (o:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Thank you for following our family blog! We hope to see you around often!