Monday, August 03, 2009

CFBA - Timescape

ABOUT THE BOOK:
David
, Xander, Dad, and Keal have discovered a terrible secret. Now, finding Mom is only a small part of their mission. And time is running out. Using the portals to build an empire, Taksidian wants the house for himself, and there's nothing he won't do to get the family out. The consequences of his meddling reach far beyond the family--to the future of the world itself. The Kings know their survival depends on stopping the bloodthirsty assassin. If only they can find his weakness in time.

Most startling of all is their ability to change the path of history. But will their tinkering in time reunite the family and save the future . . . or set mankind on an irreversible course of destruction?

If you would like to read the first chapter of Timescape, go HERE.


MY REVIEW:
Let me start by saying that since my kids are grown I had no expectations reading this young adult novel. I've not read the previous books in the series, so I just sat back, opened the cover and settled back for what would become a wild ride.

I have always loved edge of your seat thriller books and this one did not disapp
oint. Even though I didn't know the set up to the story I was able to figure it out enough that I could enjoy the book. However, I really would recommend that the series be read in order to fully appreciate them.

There are twists and turns from the very beginning and I really did find myself turning pages faster and faster. There's a scene in the book where the boys go back in time and meet up with some berserkers, which sent me online to find out if this was rea
l or part of the author's imagination. Any book that can send me looking for more information gets kudos for that. However, a caveat needs to be added as the berserker scenes were a bit gruesome. Since this is a young adult book care should be taken to be certain anyone reading it would be able to handle the intensity.

Brief conversations between the brothers have them discussing faith and whether God has a hand in the things happening to them. Since this Christian fiction I personally would've liked to have seen this side fleshed out a bit more, but perhaps that's just personal preference. All in all, I think that older young adults will probably love this action packed adventure and eagerly await the next book coming next January.







Enter the contest to win this book package by clicking here!!!

No comments: