Monday, June 08, 2009

Loni's Birthday

Running a few days late with this post, but the thoughts are no less sincere. We celebrated my daughter-in-law's birthday last weekend and of course that means a handmade card. This image is from Pink Cat Studio's Christmas Kitty stamp set, though with a few color changes there's nothing Christmas about it.


Good thing I made a card because Loni pulled the envelope out of her bag and said that it better be a handmade card! WHEW!


Miss B was a total Rockstar that evening! She really was in fine form and her girly giggles had surrounding tables in smiles.

We went to Uno's Pizza and Loni and I split a Spinoccoli pizza that had spinach, broccoli, chunky tomatoes and cheeses and there was some for her to take home even. Brooklyn had some of ours cut up on her plate, but then she would see a big piece of broccoli on my piece of pizza and ask for it. Of course grandma said yes, so I just started handing her my broccoli. And I'm thrilled that she's that crazy over a vegetable!

When we left the restaurant and walked the few blocks to our car, Grandpa was carrying B. Lynne' and I were walking right behind them and just thought it darling to watch Brooklyn with her little arm around her grandpa's neck. And every now and then she would run her fingers in his hair. She really is a Baapaw's girl. :)

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Hi,
Thank you for your very sweet comment. You are so creative. The card is just precious.

I'm thinking pizza sounds really good for dinner after reading your blog....sounds delicious.

Great pictures! Have a wonderful day.

Unknown said...

What a fab blog you have here, and your grandaughter is adorable! Love the card too!

Roberta

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Happy Birthday Loni!!! Elizabeth, Love the card and all the fun colors and the cute kitty cat. Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Your card was adorable! And I LOVE salads. Good luck with your garden.