Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Cat Litter Cucumbers & Peppers and EASports Active

When my friend Dawn posted about her first cucumber I thought it was way cool. We have yet to actually harvest any tomatoes, but we're still having fun with it.

Then the lightbulb moment came - we still have a bunch of cat litter buckets, how about expanding the crop a bit?

Right now we have probably between 50 - 60 tomatoes total on the 4 plants (26 on the cherry tomato alone!), so we didn't need more tomatoes.

I bought a cucumber and a red bell pepper plant and we'll see how it goes. If nothing else we might be able to have a very nice salad.

And since tonight was Day 1 of the 30 Day Challenge on EASports Active, I think some nice salads would be a good thing. Speaking of which, the EASports Active is NOT a game like the WiiFit. This thing is way more serious exercise, especially for two old fogeys like us! We had a lot of fun with it though and my favorite feature is that two people can exercise at one time. Always more fun doing this sort of thing together.

4 comments:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Ummmmm, salad!!! Love salad!! I think I need to go make me one right now. Seriously, we are going to have to get us a Wii. They just sound like to much fun. Grow little cucumber, grow little pepper!!! Produce, Produce, Produce!!!

Lovin Hello Kitty said...

well I'll be darned how many litter pails do you have! It is great and they look wonderful and hopefully they will grow big. I can't believe how many cucks we have! They have taken over the garden, time for tomatoes and peppers to grow!

cinnamongirl93 said...

Looks like your garden is growing very well. Here in the north I have just a few tiny tomatoes on the vines. We need some heat! Can you send some my way?!!

Ginger said...

You plants look great. We just planted our tomatoes this weekend! Good idea with the kitty litter tubs!