Sunday, June 29, 2008

Beautiful Timing

Oh what a weekend filled with joy! It all started on Friday when I was able to leave early. But the leaving early wasn't the source of the joy, it was the fact that I got to go by the daycare and pick up Brooklyn. :) My mom, brother and sister-in-law were coming to town on Friday afternoon to stay the weekend and of course I wanted them to see the little one as much as they could.

And on the way home from the daycare, while Brooklyn was sleeping, a most amazing thing happened. I was riding along thinking about what a blessing it's been to have this little girl in our life. Next thing I know the song "The Fingerprints of God" by Steven Curtis Chapman came on the radio. Here are some of the lyrics:

Never has there been and never again
Will there be another you
Fashioned by God's hand and perfectly planned
To be just who you are
And what He's been creating
Since the first beat of your heart
Is a living, breathing
Priceless work of art

And I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece that all creation
Quietly applauds
And you're covered with
The fingerprints of God

Just look at you
You're a wonder in the making
And God's not through
In fact, He's just getting started!















Lucky for me I came to a red light about that time, so i pulled my trusty "grandma" camera out and reached over the backseat and her car seat to take this picture. Yes, she is indeed covered in the fingerprints of God.

Amen.

2 comments:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Sounds like the perfect scrapbook page!!! I know I have said this before, but I shall say it again, SHE IS SOOOOO ADORABLE!!!! I know you want get tired of me saying that, as I want get tired of seeing those sweet little photos of her.

Sarah Taylor said...

That gave me goosebumps! She's precious (and growing so quickly)! I agree with Jeanie...a perfect scrapbook page!
Sarah