Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Strawberry Cupcakes

Finally last night I made cupcakes again and I had so much fun doing it. I really need more hours in my day/week to do all the things I enjoy! :)

So far the comments at work have these as the best cupcakes I've brought to date. My car smelled oh so good on the way to work this morning.

These are not the prettiest I've ever made, partly because of the icing. The icing consists of cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and frozen strawberry puree. As I was piping it on the icing became less and less able to hold its shape, so I plopped the whole lot into the refrigerator for a while. The second batch did a little better.

Regardless of appearance, these were awesome. Keith is not normally a fan of "scratch" cakes because they are more dense. This recipe made a very light cake full of flavor.

Edited to add link to recipe. :)

1 comment:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

These look very yummy!!! Strawberry being my favorite of cakes and cupcakes. Its funny you made these cause I was just about to try the recipe on Cherry Hill Cottage. When I saw that recipe I knew I had to make them. Now I believe even more after seeing yours its a defiante MUST!!!