Thursday, August 16, 2007

Knit N Nosh and Cheese Enchiladas

Last night on the way home from Knit n Nosh I stopped to get Fancy Feast (mornings get rather tense in my home when we run out). ;) Anyway, I saw this magazine for the first time and snatched it up (the picture is not the current issue). I do believe I have another favorite magazine! I can't wait for fall to be over and have tea parties and this magazine has recipes, photos and decorating ideas. Love it!

Speaking of Knit n Nosh, this is the first time I've been in about 6 weeks and I quite enjoyed it. I was saddened to discover that Kathy's elderly Irish Setter has passed away. He was a retired show dog and gorgeous. I have a soft spot in my heart for Irish Setters since that was the first dog Keith and I got and this one was such a sweetheart.

But there is still a dog at the house - Kathy's mom is living with her and has a little bitty dog that just had her first birthday. That dog can be quite a pill at knit night! We've all learned to keep our purses zipped up lest Dixie grab things and run. Last night I had my knit bag on the floor when we were all in the kitchen getting drinks. Came back and she had snagged a small ball of yarn out of my bag that had been patiently waiting to be more socks for Brooklyn. It actually was pretty funny - she must've run in and out of all the table legs because all we could do was stand there and stare when we entered the room! Yarn was woven everywhere - and of course it was one of the very few times I wasn't sporting a camera. We managed to retrieve all the yarn....and Dixie was banned to her crate. ;)

--<>--

Here's further proof that things are getting back to normal - we've been cooking again! One of the forums I frequent had quite a conversation going on how to make enchiladas. I learned quite a bit that day and while there isn't an actual recipe I did take a lot of notes. I made cheese enchiladas and we had mexican rice and guacamole on the side. The enchiladas were the bomb, the rice needs a little more work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a scene from "The Ugly Dachshund.

Knitting Rose said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they can do that?!? I have had it happen to me too - and it is just hilarious.

Anonymous said...

oh yummy! I wish I was close to more yarn stores...you guys always make me envious! The tea book looks beautiful! I have never seen that one before!

Anonymous said...

I buy that Magazine and send it to my mom. I'm getting her a subscription for Christmas!
Dixie sounds rambunctious, the things we put up with from our pets!
Dinner looks yummy Grandma! ;^)