Monday, October 30, 2006

Baby Quilts

Yes, it's come to this - no crafting of any sort from me, so I'll post a picture of somebody else's work instead! Saturday we went to a shower for the first baby of my cousin's son and his wife. Mom, grandma, brother and his wife were in town for it and mom made this quilt for the baby. The hearts are paper pieced and she used Warm and Natural batting. Isn't it lovely?

We had a really nice time at the shower and got to see the twin boys, who are just starting to eat solid foods now. They are such beautiful babies and seemingly didn't mind the crowd of people or the being passed around at all!

The nine patch quilts were also made by mom - one for each of the twins. When my cousin opened them she immediately put them on the floor and had the boys on them! Mom also used her embroidery machien on these quilts and put the boys' name on the back of each one.

~ Elizabeth

Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart! - Psalm 32:11

2 comments:

Loni said...

I am still in aww over the quilts. My favorit is the heart one. It is just too cute!

Anonymous said...

these are great, I really love them and know I want to learn how to quilt! and knit! and so on and so on!!!