Friday, September 29, 2006

Uncluttered Foot Paths

This is the sky that greeted me Wednesday morning on the way to work. Of course things like this are never as spectacular in a picture as they are in real life, but I figure by seeing this picture on my blog perhaps it will remind me of the splendor of the sky and the feelings I had when I saw it. There is a very intense pink/orange color at the base of the clouds and the upper outline was a beautiful clear light. What an awesome God we have to show us such beauty!

I'll admit to being a wee bit awestruck by this vision and it set the tone for a good part of my morning that day. I seem to be getting a plethora of advice lately on my faith, both from real people and reading things online and it's not always good. How is it that everybody seems to be knocking so many things lately? Are we not of one faith? The pettiness is just too much sometimes and I was getting way too tense about it all. I have come to the conclusion, through much prayer, that I have given way too much "power" to other people that perhaps I shouldn't. The online people especially as I really don't know anything about them. But even the "real" people that seem bound and determined to change me to their vision of what I should be. I believe now that I will just let them talk, smile sweetly and let my Bible do my teaching. I also have an awesome pastor at church, a knowledgeable Sunday School teacher and a Bible study leader that can help to guide me. The path of my feet seems to be uncluttered again and all is right in my world. :)

~ Elizabeth

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. - Romans 14:13

No comments: