Friday, September 01, 2006

Fishy Hospital Visits

WOW - these were great! Got home from work last night and Lynne' and I whipped up some fish tacos for the first time. A friend had told me how to make them and they are oh so easy: tilapia filets dredged in Jiffy corn muffin mix, fry in olive oil and that's it! We made our tacos with corn tortillas, provolone cheese, tartar sauce and shredded cabbage. Loved them and they will become a staple in our household now.

After we cleaned up the kitchen from dinner we ran up to Starbucks. Lynne's friends are all starting to hang out there and she's not a big coffee drinker, so I told her I'd help her find something she likes. Right now I'm lovin' the mocha frappucino's, so I ordered a venti and she tasted mine. BINGO - she was hooked! We split this one and now she knows what to order in the future.

After we got home Cristina picked me up and we went up to the hospital to visit Dawn. She looked so much better today - Praise the Lord! Such a helpless feeling to see a friend laying in a hospital bed. Luckily she is getting out today and starting physical therapy, so we expect her to be dancing around with us again soon.

~ Elizabeth

Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always. - 1 Chronicles 16:11

No comments: