Friday, December 30, 2005

Back to Normal

This is what happens to good natured dogs - they get humiliated by bows on their heads! Monday was mom's birthday, so she opened her birthday gifts before we headed out to lunch. Joe might look pretty silly here, but secretly he really enjoys it!

I'm just now starting to feel "normal" again after the holidays. This poor body just can't take the celebrating like it used to! For the most part this week I've come home from work, eaten dinner and gone to bed. Last night I finally stayed up til 9:00 - woohoo! There's really quite a bit I should be doing around here, but instead I sat and watched tv and did some sock knitting. So nice and peaceful. Tonight I'm going to a friend's house for scrapbooking, but will actually do more sock knitting! I don't have my scrapbooking stuff at a point that I know what I want to work on and the knitting is so portable - so easy to pick up the box and go. And really, it's mostly about being with friends anyway.

As we head into the New Year it's only natural to look back. 2005 was filled with many personal trials and I've said for some time that I can't wait for it to be over. But really, as I was standing at Daddy's grave on Christmas Day crying, I really was filled with a peace. Maybe I'm finally accepting the fact that he's gone. It's especially hard during the holidays as you realize that one of your group is missing from the table, and yet that table is still surrounded with people that I love deeply. I'm sure there's a lesson to be learned here somewhere.

~ Elizabeth

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. - Romans 15:13

No comments: