Sunday, October 09, 2005

Contentment

I'm still having trouble sleeping, so didn't drift off until after 12:30 last night. Woke up at 3:00 in the morning, went to the bathroom (yay!) and was wide awake. ~ sigh ~ I came into the living room and surfed for a bit, but it didn't really hold my interest. So I stretched out on the sofa with the laptop on my belly thinking maybe I could bore myself to sleep. Meeko came into the room, hopped on my chest, curled up and went to sleep, purring so loudly it was a little unreal. I guess the sound was like white noise though because I drifted off shortly afterwards.

But for a few minutes while I was petting him and enjoying his company it made me think. Why don't we ever let ourselves truly relax and just relish the happiness? Cats are able to live in the moment and fully enjoy what they have. Based on his happy purrs I don't think he was worried at all about the laundry not being done, the craft projects left untouched, etc. He was living in the moment and was truly content. Perhaps we should all learn to be a little more like a cat.

~ Elizabeth

God enjoys watching you!
- seen on a sign outside a local church

No comments: