Saturday, October 29, 2005

Booga Bag and Pizza Dog!

I really do knit! Today I finished the boring icord handle of the Booga Bag and will felt it all tomorrow. I really enjoyed the knitting of the bag part - straight knitting in the round, which made for a very easy pick up and knit project for on the go. I used Noro Kureyon yarn and at first didn't enjoy knitting with it because of the uneven weight and width of the yarn. But once I got used to that aspect I really liked it and love the color. I've taken measurements of the handle and bag prior to felting and will do the same tomorrow after felting so that if I decide to do another bag in a different size I'll be able to figure out the shrink percentage. The little piece of yarn at the top is how much was left from two skeins of yarn on the bag.

I think my next project will be to finish up the turquoise belt for Lynne' that only lacks about two inches of knitting and then attaching the buckle.

Hopefully by then my order of sock yarn will arrive and I'll start those later this week. It was hard to get excited about knitting socks all summer long while I go barefoot, but the last few days it's been cool enough outside that I've been wearing my little boots and having to put on - gasp! - store bought socks!!! Now I'll be knitting my little heart out trying to get some finished to enjoy with my boots.

Poor, pitiful Joe! Lynne' worked late and heated up some leftover pizza for dinner. He is just convinced that if he looks cute enough she'll give in and give him a bite. She's pretty strict with him though since he's on a diet and doesn't fall for it.

We'll be working on his Halloween costume tomorrow while watching the Nascar race. He always wears a costume and loves to visit the treat or treaters on Halloween night. This year his costume will cover more of his head and I'm not sure if he'll like that or not. If he doesn't like it I'll just put one of his previous costumes on him for the festivities - if he can still fit in them!

~ Elizabeth

Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans; it's lovely to be silly at the right moment.
- Horace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the purse, wish I knew how to knit. I can crochet but just straight lines. Like the colors also, can't wait to see it in person. Good job.