Monday, June 27, 2011

Muffins on Monday–Sour Cream Raisin Muffins

Oh alliterations, how I do love you! When I thought of Muffins on Monday I was so tickled. then I Google’d it and found I wasn’t the first. *sob*  Not only that, this morning on Twitter I got a tweet from bakerstreet29 about her [Muffin Monday] post. ~ sigh ~  (but do click through and look at the fantastic sounding Almond Muffins)!

So even if I’m not as amazingly clever as I first thought I’m still going forward with this. Because not many things start a week off as good as a muffin!   Smile

Sour Cream Raisin Muffins

The original recipe for these muffins was Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins.  Right now I’m very much in a raisin place, so I decided to use them in place of the chocolate chips. And it was wonderful! So many times we only think of raisins when used with a spice or pumpkin cake. But they were so good in this muffin.

Sour Cream Raisin Muffins
adapted from The Curvy Carrot

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 t baking powder
3/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 large egg
1 cup sour cream
5 T unsalted butter, melted
1 t vanilla
3/4 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with paper liners and set aside.

In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl combine the egg, sour cream, melted butter and vanilla, mixing well.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients with a spatula and stir until just combined. Add the raisins and gently combine with the batter.

Using an ice cream scoop fill each cupcake liner with one level scoop (makes 12 muffins).

Bake about 15-17 minutes until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean.

 

** Linking to: Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

No comments: