Tuesday, February 15, 2011

SSMT Week 4

SSMT

“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.”                2 Timothy 1:7 NIV

One of the most wondrous parts of this Bible memorization journey is having my eyes opened to a specific verse that I’m needing to read and know in my heart.

I’ve been preparing in my mind to begin a very concerted effort to start back to healthy eating and exercising. And yet that little voice inside keeps questioning whether I have what it takes.

This verse tells me straight out that I *DO* have what it takes and that the Spirit God Himself gave me gives me self-discipline.  I will cling to this verse when I start to feel like I can’t do it.

Isn’t the Bible grand?  I love that the very word of God is there any time we need it – and even when we sometimes think we don’t.

Amen.

This is my Verse #4 for Beth Moore’s Siesta Scripture Memory Team.