Funny – the picture above kind of looks like us in Dallas this week! Thanks to Susanne for hosting the Friday Fave Five each week.
1. I have to say my #1 blessing this week is that I am able to work from home. I came home from work on Monday, we got our ice storm and that was the last I left my house until last night…seriously. I didn’t even go out to get the mail as I am clumsy at the best of times so I figure that trying to walk on a yard that more closely resembles a skating rink than a lawn right now might be a bit of a challenge.
2. With no commute I’ve had more time for knitting and reading and drinking wonderful cups of coffee. You might notice a few more book reviews than usual the next few days as I get caught up.
3. And oh my word my craft room/office at home looks AWFUL right now! I’ve pulled absolutely everything out of the closet so that I can organize and each evening I work on it. I can see progress, but anybody else walking in here would see a hopeless mess as it always looks worse before it looks better. But this time I’m actually going through things rather than just fluffing them and putting them back. If I ever finish this project I’ll happily post pictures.
4. Really this should be blessing #1 – I am loving the Siesta Bible verse memorizing! So far each verse I’m memorizing speaks to me personally and I love that. Meditating on God’s word is such an awesome thing.
5. With the snow we got last night I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the neighbor kids. There are few things that bring a smile of joy quite like listening to the laughter of children. Sliding on plastic garbage can lids, making snow angels and a toddler that has just barely learned to walk now learning to walk on snow – it’s all good and makes us laugh.