Tuesday, February 01, 2011

SSMT Week 3

SSMT

“My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.” James 1:19-20 NIV

This has long been something I’ve strived for – slow to become angry.  I’ll admit though that it can sometimes be one of the hardest things in the world to do, especially if you’re like me and you wear your heart on your sleeve.  Many times “angry” is a reaction to hurt feelings and we just cannot help our knee-jerk female response.  Which is one of the reasons I believe that God pointed me in the direction of this verse.  Maybe by having it memorized I’ll remember it at crucial times and hopefully be more “slow to speak and slow to become angry.”

This is my Verse #3 for Beth Moore’s Siesta Scripture Memory Team.

1 comment:

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Great choice!!! I've got to choose mine too and post it!!

~Beth