Well my word – I’ve been fairly discombobulated and busy and somehow haven’t posted a Friday’s Fave 5 in a bit! And here it is already 2:00 in the afternoon where I am, but better late in the day than never. :)
Here’s just a handful of the blessings from this past week. Thank you to Susanne from Living To Tell The Story for hosting this weekly event.
1. Feeling Great! – Having a chronic health problem it seems like I always have to stay aware of everything I do and not push myself. Shortly after our fantastic vacation we helped our daughter move into her apartment, then all the other events that have come. This meant I didn’t get enough rest and my body was really giving me “what for” and letting me know I wasn’t playing by the rules! But the last few days….suddenly it’s like my head is clear again and the pain is dissipating! I wouldn’t give up the busy times for anything, but I sure do love when things are routine for awhile so my body can catch up. :)
2. Good Times – I’ve been sitting in my chair at work practically bouncing all day because I’m so looking forward to my weekend! Getting to spend time with my mom, my cousin, my brother and sister-in-law and – my word! – my 30th high school reunion! I just love seeing everybody and love the fact that friends stay friends even for this many years. Some of these ladies I’ve recently gotten back in touch with through Facebook and have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them again. Can’t wait to hug their necks!
3. Shopping – Now stay with me here, it’s not as vain as it first sounds. :)
Our lifestyle is such that I really don’t have a big need for trendy, fancy clothes. Y’all have seen that we’re happiest when we’re on the boat or 4 wheelin’ – or just outside with the granddaughter. But when your 30th reunion comes up you don’t really have a choice – you go shopping. And I almost felt like Dorothy in the Land of Oz when I went in some of these stores. The styles – oh the beautiful tops that are out right now! It still took a LOT of shopping to find the outfit to wear and it really is me, which is great. Because I have a feeling there might be a few nervous feelings going to the reunion anyway, so I hate to feel nervous about my clothes.
Hopefully I’ll end up with a good picture of me and some of my girlfriends and get it posted. Did I mention that I’m really excited to see them??? :)
4. Cooking For Two By Two – We’re finally getting into the swing of being an empty nest again. It still seems strange and I do still miss her. But the other side of that is that we are in the kitchen together, laughing while we cook. We set the table, pray together, then enjoy the fruits of our labor. And then we further chat and do the dishes together. I’m enjoying getting to know him again. :)
5. The Birds – We set the cup and saucer bird feeder outside and it has been such a delight to watch all the activity. My original hope was to see the finches and cardinals, but so far no. What I have seen is a lot of blue jays, squirrels, morning doves and wrens. And really that’s ok. The jays are such a brilliant blue, even if they are a mean bird. And the squirrels, y’all nothing can make a person laugh quite as much as watching the squirrels run around and play. They skinny up the pole quick as a wink and Keith and I want to put some Crisco or something on it to see what happens. (Is that mean?) The cooing sounds of the doves is nice too and they seem to work as a group and get everybody fed more so than other birds.
In fact, I’m enjoying this feeder so much that we pulled our old bird feeder out of storage and have it set up in the backyard now. We bought some Scott’s Song Bird food for it so I can try for the pretty birds, but so far they haven’t found the feeder yet. They will in time though.