Happy, happy Friday y’all! I never want to wish my life away, but I have to admit that I love me some Fridays! Time to look at all the good going on. Thanks again to Susanne at Living To Tell The Story for hosting this event.
1. Exercise! I seem to have gotten very comfortable being in sloth mode lately. Even though I’m not any sort of athlete, I do start feeling it when I do nothing at all. This week we’ve started movin’ and groovin’ again! It’s HOT here, so rather than fight it we’re doing things indoors. Keith is doing the Wii Active and I ride the recumbent bike….while knitting on a scarf for church! Works like a charm as I can put the skein of yarn in the cup holder and just knit away. Two great things at the same time – knitting and exercise! Well really I suppose 3 great things because we’re exercising together and we chat while we move along.
2. Family – Had the BEST time last Saturday going to garage sales with my cousin. We laugh and laugh and laugh when we’re together and many times had people at the sales laughing with us. I found some awesome bargains, but even better was time spent with her. At one point we had pulled up to an interior decorating shop that was having a sidewalk sale and “Babe” by Sonny and Cher came on the radio right as we pulled in the parking space. We sat there and sang right along until the song ended. What a great joy filled time!
3. Friends – Had the BEST time at my reunion! Went to dinner first with an elementary school friend and her husband and we laughed so much. Fun to find out how much we all have in common now and I look forward to spending more time with her. Then at the reunion it was great to see everybody. The one thing I heard over and over is that people would’ve recognized me anywhere, so apparently I haven’t changed much. :) Again the laughter and hugs – ah…bliss!
4. Family – Sunday morning I went to church with my mom, brother and sister-in-law. They are visiting this church right now and have pretty much decided they’ll be joining. The pastor is really, really good and it looks like they have some great groups that they can be active in. After church we went to lunch, then over to my brother and sister-in-law’s house to see all the changes they’ve made. What a great eye for color they have! The painted walls, decorations and new furniture were just perfect.
5. The Bird Feeder and That Darned Cat! – I’m enjoying the bird feeder so much that I’ve set up another feeder in the back yard. This feeder is filled with a song bird variety of food and it’s awesome to see all the cardinals that have appeared. However, I heard some squawking the other day and figured the feeder was empty. When I got out there a big old cat came out of the nearby bushes, glared at me, hissed and ran off. Then yesterday morning I heard the squawking again and looked out to see that cat laying under the feeder leisurely giving himself a bath! Mom suggested that perhaps he thought I’d set this all up as a cat feeder for him. He’s got another think coming though because even though I do love cats I do NOT want him eating the birds! Not sure what I’m going to do to persuade him to go elsewhere and kind of hoping he’ll get bored and leave. ;)