Well looky there, it's Friday already! Time for some of my blessings of the last week, in no particular order:
1. The first one still surprises me the way it turned out. Keith sent me a text Monday afternoon that the remainder of the week he would have to work 12-8:30. I was less than gracious in my thoughts because all I could focus on was all the things we had to get done this week. But in the end it probably made for a very relaxing week. Each night I had a task to complete - and did. I would work on something in the living room with Lynne' and the two of us would watch tv together while she worked on a crochet project. It's not often we get time like that - she's 24 and has her own life - and so I thoroughly enjoyed it.
2. Panini's! I use my George Foreman grill as a panini sandwich grill and have had some fantastic sandwiches lately. Having used a real panini grill on a girlfriend retreat I will say that the George Foreman does not do as good a job. However, I'm using an appliance I already had, which means I'm not spending more money or having to find a place to store another appliance. A heated sandwich is so much more satisfying than a cold one this time of year.
3. I'm doing some other crafts again! Two of them I can't share yet (and I apologize for even mentioning it), but they are Christmas gifts and are for people that read the blog. I'm learning that there are so many wonderful things to do and I am enjoying doing them again.
4. Bible reading. I thought I was going to wait until the new year to start, but then decided that really there's no reason to wait. I'm using this reading plan to read through the Bible in a year. I've used it before and really, really like it as you read part of the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs each day. Since I got so caught up in Bible studies this year I've let my daily reading lapse and I"ve found that I really miss it.
5. Friends. Last Sunday Keith and Lynne' took the atv out to the river with his brother and wife and I had the day to myself. I still wasn't driving at that point (though I did drive last night - first time since I broke my ribs - a personal victory!), so had many tasks at home that I planned to do. Those plans were beautifully spoiled when a girlfriend called and asked if I wanted to go with her to Joann's, Michael's and Dollar Tree - a few of my favorite stores! It was nice to get out of the house for a bit and I even still got home in time to get some things done. Happiness! :)
Visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story to see more blessing posts or to link up one of your own.