Thursday, December 07, 2006

Back To Work

A wonderful picture of my Joe dog to start the blog entry - does it get any better than that?

Today was my first day back to work since my shoulder surgery. I had been cautioned that it would be difficult, but I don't think I realized just how tough it would be. My arm hurt, I was tired and I started getting very down again. Then it hit me that we do not have to face these things alone, even when we feel very lonely. Not only do I have a loving God to turn to, I have Christian girlfriends that I can always count on for prayers. I hesitated to ask for prayer at first because it just seemed like such a silly reason. But I swallowed my pride and sent an email, then went out to my car and took a nap for my lunch. When I came back in there were some very warm and loving emails waiting for me. How honored and humbled I felt to have these wonderful women praying for me.

And the afternoon did start getting better. One of the coolest things is that I (?) suddenly realized that if I would raise my chair then my arm wouldn't be resting on my desk at such an odd angle and wouldn't hurt so much. Again I'm going to use my grandmother's quote - "It's not odd, it's God!" The power of prayer is awesome indeed.

I do know that we feel the most vulnerable when we are tired and hurting and that's when Satan reaches in to get a foothold. As time passes and my shoulder continues to heal and I get more used to the work routine I know it will get easier for me. And knowing that I have friends that are praying for me makes it even better.


Gratitudes

1. Friends and loved ones that care enough to listen, really listen.

2. Grandbabies-to-be! I got to see the ultrasound picture today of that precious baby.

3. Thankful that even with as much as my shoulder is hurting, that we have modern medicine and surgeons that are able to fix things.

~ Elizabeth

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. - Hebrews 4:16

No comments: