Monday, May 13, 2013

Dahlia Fold Card

This was such a fun card to make!  I was searching for a card with folds so that I could join a local swap (and then forgot to sign up in time!) and saw this.  I knew immediately that this would be perfect for Mother's Day cards!


I used the video tutorial found at Dawn's Stamping Studio and had no trouble at all making my dahlia.  I used a 1 1/8" circle punch and I think the size worked well for the size of the card.


I made these cards while at a crop with friends and it really does take a village sometimes to make things perfect.  I had purchased some brads for the center of the cards and after making the dahlia I knew they were too big.  Danielle had a lightbulb moment and ran over to go through her bling stash and found the centers - they were perfect!



These were so much fun to make that maybe next time I won't be so intimidated to try something new.  ;)

Supplies Used:  Sentiment is from Messages for Mom set by Stampin' Up; pattern paper for top card in the My Mind's Eye 'The Sweetest Thing - Tangerine' 6x6 paper pad; pattern paper for bottom card in the Teresa Collins 'Vintage Finds' 6x6 paper pad (both paper pads purchased at Michael's); center bling by Danielle


Deep Thoughts:  "Flowers don't worry about how the're going to bloom.  They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful."  Jim Carrey

No comments: