Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine Decorated Hand Towel

I’m rather excited to share this project simply because it somewhat justifies the many, many projects I have pinned on Pinterest….   :)

 

SONY DSC

Very hard to see, but I have eyelet lace on each side of the Valentine fabric.  I used a 2.5 inch strip of fabric, folded down and ironed the top and bottom edge a quarter inch, tucked the eyelet trim under and used a zig zag stitch.

I saw the tutorial for Dressed Up Hand Towels and loved the method she used.  I purchased the same towels, though I’m not sure I would use them on future projects as I found my fingertips trying to stick to the fabric.

This went into the mail to somebody special to me as a surprise Valentine.  I got the most wonderful email response and it really does make it worthwhile when the people you care for are excited by the things you do for them.   Smile

And I’m thinking I need to make a new board on Pinterest for things I’ve actually tried!!!

1 comment:

Scrapbdazzled said...

Love that towel, so cheerful and heartfelt. :) Can't wait to see what you make off Pinterest next.

Bernie