Monday, November 14, 2011

Orca Bay Mystery–Fabrics Are Ready!

So here I go again, starting a new project when really nothing has been finished in a while.  Sometimes though temptation is just there and you have to go with it.

Bonnie K. Hunter of Quiltville fame is starting a new mystery this Saturday (y’all still have time!!!) and I succumbed to peer pressure and pulled fabrics for it.  I’ve never done one of Bonnie’s mysteries, but I have seen many examples across the interwebs and they are absolutely stunning.

This mystery is called Orca Bay and Bonnie shared the photo that was her inspiration.  She’s also given out the fabric requirements and that’s it so far.

 

SONY DSC

3 Bolds and 1 Neutral – and I should have posed these fabrics a little differently for the photo.  The tans are my neutral and the azure blue, hot pink and blacks are my bolds.  Very, very excited about the colors, which all came from stash!  I will admit to shopping with a friend recently and buying a few tan fat quarters, but since they didn’t have time to sit and marinate I’m calling it all from stash.  Justification – that’s what we do!

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I would love to participate in one of Bonnie's mystery quilts. I just LOVE her quilt patterns! But I'm bound and determined to finish the quilt I'm currently making (a "big girl quilt" for my youngest granddaughter) before I start another quilt (I hand quilt my quilts, so I'm lucky to get one or two quilts completed in a year's time). So I'll follow along again and ooh and ahh over everyone else's Orca Bay. ;-)