Wednesday, June 01, 2011

SSMT Week 11

SSMT

“You are my portion, Lord; I have promised to obey your words.”  Psalm 119:57 NIV

I don’t know why I still get amazed by how the Lord works, particularly when it comes to the Bible.  This week I wasn’t sure what verse to use for my memorization, but I was pretty sure I would find something if I would just listen.

The start of my journey was reading Beth Moore’s blog and lo and behold this verse was there and it struck a chord deep within me.  Not because I am good at obeying His words, but because I so deeply want to be better.

When my kids were very young we always told them that whatever they had done they could tell us, but if they lied that was something I had a hard time getting passed.  Lying has always been such a terrible thing to me, so maybe that’s why this verse hit me.  If I have promised to obey His words, if I blatantly go against that promise is that the same as lying? And don’t I find lying to be despicable?

AMEN!

 

This is my Verse #11 for Beth Moore’s Siesta Scripture Memory Team.

1 comment:

Sara G said...

Thank you for sharing your verse. I am doing a Bible study on Psalm 119 so I chose, fits me and so needed to rejoice:
“It is good for me that I have been afflicted, That I may learn Your statutes.”
Psalm 119:71 NKJV

Learning and obeying can be hard at times.
Have a great evening!