Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Coke and A Smile Gift

Last night was Mission Crafts Ministry night at church and since it was our last meeting before Christmas I wanted to do a little something to make it a bit more special.

 

SONY DSC

I had gotten these little Coke tins at Walmart after Christmas last year at a super low price.  I didn’t want to fill them with standard cookies or candy, so Keith and I put our thinking caps on to come up with something.  We decided that along with your Coke you would want something salty, so I cooked up a batch of Chex Mix.

 

SONY DSC

I lined the inside of the tin with some plastic wrap, filled it with Chex Mix, then folded the plastic wrap over the top to seal it.

SONY DSC

In keeping with the Coke color theme I used red gift bags with white tissue paper.  Each gift had a Coke tin with Chex Mix and a little bottle of Coke with the red curly ribbon.  Very well received and it was a fun gift to make!

 

SONY DSC

I also brought a tray of these Peppermint Brownies and sighs of delight were heard all around.  This will now be my holiday go-to brownie.

 

** Linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday, Get Your Craft On, Tip Me Tuesday

4 comments:

Lori said...

Love it! I'm gonna be on the lookout for those cute little tins.

Renna said...

What a cute and fun gift! :-)

I've bookmarked the peppermint brownie recipe. Since you passed along the Honeybun cake recipe, I've learned to trust you on good recipe reviews. ;-)

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

What a neat idea with the coke tins!! and Those brownies look scrumptious!! I'm sure everyone was tickled to be a recipient!!

~Beth

MusicalMommy said...

Your tag should have read..

"Soda-lighted that you are a part of our group."

hehehe