Thursday, November 04, 2010

Lace Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

Just finished the last of the baby blankets that I’ve been knitting.  Knitting a baby blanket is truly a soul satisfying project for me.  Just thinking of the new life coming, praying for health and happiness, remembering what it what like waiting for the baby to arrive – it all adds up to a happy feeling.

 

 SONY DSC

This blanket was for the daughter of a dear friend of mine – her first baby!  Obviously from the color they knew they were having a boy.  :)

 

 SONY DSC

The yarn is Bernat Baby Sport in the Funny Prints colorway and I used exactly one skein (it’s one of the great big skeins).  The pattern is from my mom – she used the Lace Shell Stitch and added the borders.

This is another baby blanket that I’m very pleased with.  I washed the blanket before gifting – naturally – and the yarn softened up and is very cuddly.  Can’t wait to receive a picture of Baby Sidney with the blanket!

 

** Linking to Get Your Craft On

2 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love this pattern. So pretty. I am going to get some of that yarn. I really like it. How many stitches did you use for this and what kind of border? I would like to make one just like it. Thanks for sharing. It is so pretty. I love knitting baby afghans too. I keep one going all the time. Love & blessings from NC!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pattern. It looks so delicate!!!