Monday, May 10, 2010

Brooklyn and Church Yesterday

When I think about the Most Creative Mom contest it makes me think of two women who have a natural vein of creativity running within – my mother and mother-in-law.  I have seriously learned so much from both of these ladies and it’s great to see the things they create.

We got to see one of my mother-in-law’s newest creations at their church on Sunday.  She made two of these quilted wall hangings to hang in the hallway in the nursery area.  There are 60 little lambs with the name of each of the babies in the church, with of course a few extra for future lambs.  So precious!

004

Speaking of precious, I’m holding Miss Brooklyn in the photo, along with my mother-in-law.  Keith and I were so blessed to take Brooklyn with us up to Oklahoma for the weekend and she was able to spend time with both of her great-grandmas, her great-grandpa, and her aunt and uncle.

 

photo(9)

Here she is bright and early in the morning right before we left for church.  She did get the sillies while I was doing her hair, probably because it took me three times as long as her mama to do it!  It’s been a few years since I’ve done hair on an almost 3 year old.  :)

And this is what we did for a few minutes before service started yesterday morning – we let her run off a bit of her toddler energy!

1 comment:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love those quilts, they are precious! And Brooklyn is so adorable too. Looks like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Love & blessings from NC!