Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday's Fave Five




Well looky there, it's Friday already!  Time for some of my blessings of the last week, in no particular order:


1. The first one still surprises me the way it turned out.  Keith sent me a text Monday afternoon that the remainder of the week he would have to work 12-8:30.  I was less than gracious in my thoughts because all I could focus on was all the things we had to get done this week.  But in the end it probably made for a very relaxing week.  Each night I had a task to complete - and did.  I would work on something in the living room with Lynne' and the two of us would watch tv together while she worked on a crochet project.  It's not often we get time like that - she's 24 and has her own life - and so I thoroughly enjoyed it.

2. Panini's!  I use my George Foreman grill as a panini sandwich grill and have had some fantastic sandwiches lately.  Having used a real panini grill on a girlfriend retreat I will say that the George Foreman does not do as good a job.  However, I'm using an appliance I already had, which means I'm not spending more money or having to find a place to store another appliance.  A heated sandwich is so much more satisfying than a cold one this time of year.

3. I'm doing some other crafts again!  Two of them I can't share yet (and I apologize for even mentioning it), but they are Christmas gifts and are for people that read the blog.  I'm learning that there are so many wonderful things to do and I am enjoying doing them again.

4. Bible reading.  I thought I was going to wait until the new year to start, but then decided that really there's no reason to wait.  I'm using this reading plan to read through the Bible in a year.  I've used it before and really, really like it as you read part of the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs each day.  Since I got so caught up in Bible studies this year I've let my daily reading lapse and I"ve found that I really miss it.

5. Friends.  Last Sunday Keith and Lynne' took the atv out to the river with his brother and wife and I had the day to myself.  I still wasn't driving at that point (though I did drive last night - first time since I broke my ribs - a personal victory!), so had many tasks at home that I planned to do.  Those plans were beautifully spoiled when a girlfriend called and asked if I wanted to go with her to Joann's, Michael's and Dollar Tree - a few of my favorite stores!  It was nice to get out of the house for a bit and I even still got home in time to get some things done.  Happiness!   :)

Visit Susanne at Living To Tell The Story to see more blessing posts or to link up one of your own.

7 comments:

ellen b said...

Sounds like you had unexpected blessings this week. It is always great to take notice and choose the added joys along the way. Hope those ribs heal up good and strong. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

Does sound like a relaxing week, and time well spent with your daughter (?) Lynne. I bet you enjoyed getting out a bit to your fav stores after being cooped up! Funny how those little things can mean so much!
Enjoy your weekend!

msdewberry said...

Sounds like a relaxing week after all.
I never thought of using my George Forman grill for paninis. Guess what is coming up for supper in the very near future!!

Brenda said...

Its amazing how what we think is a hard thing can turn into a blessing if we let it.

What a great idea to use your George Foreman to make Panini. I love hot sandwiches.

Willow said...

You had a great week! I agree that sometimes the unexpected, unwelcome event turns out to be a blessing.

Merry Christmas!

Marg said...

Sorry to hear that you broke your ribs. Hope that will heal soon. Not too much laughter....now.
I have that real Pannini grill and I know what you mean. Something else to store...
Good start on your Bible reading...
Have a wonderful week.

Susanne said...

What a fun unexpected blessing with your friend. I love when that happens.

I've tried my G.F. grill to do sandwiches too. I'm still trying to get the knack of using it for that but I do love a hot sandwich too.

No FFF for Christmas Day but we'll be back next week.


Merry Christmas1