Thursday, September 03, 2009

Sympathy Card - Papertrey Ink

I happen to be a very 'anti-swap' person when it comes to papercrafting. I work very hard to keep stress out of my life and happen to be a terrible (or maybe very good?) procrastinator, so in the past when I did swaps I always waited til the last minute to get them done and ended up sweating bullets in the process.

But a friend sent me an email about a swap she's hosting that she needed help with. One of the ladies dropped out at the very last minute and would I mind making 15 sympathy cards so the other ladies wouldn't end up short? Of course I said yes (what are friends for?)....and then the panic set in.

Luckily I had seen a card by Nichole Heady of Papertrey Ink that I fell in love with, so I used it for the basis of my card. This card uses the In Bloom stamp set from Papertrey Ink and the sentiment is from the Trendy Trees set from Stampin Up.


Unfortunately right after I got the first card made I got news that a lady that is very dear to me lost her husband to cancer. I was absolutely shocked as we'd only heard about 3 weeks before that his cancer had returned. She will be in my prayers for some time.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my what a gorgeous cas!!! I absolutely love your bella rose!! Beautiful work with this fabulous image...What a gorgeous color combo too!

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Love your card. I need to get back into my card making. I have just been so busy, that I have not done much lately with my cards. Sorry to hear about your friend's husband. Have a nice holiday weekend. Love & blessings from NC!