Monday, March 30, 2009

CAS08 Card - and Happy Birthday Babe!


Today is my beloved's birthday! We had a fabulous celebration yesterday with the family (and there will be photos and a video of Miss B hopefully tomorrow), but since today is actually his birthday we planned a nice dinner together.

The steaks we grilled turned out wonderful and that was such a relief. I think we've been kind of afraid of grilling steaks if that makes any sense. You spend the money and you really want it to be good. Luckily, the marinated steaks from our meat market definitely were good.

Of course I wanted to make a birthday card for him and used a sketch from Splitcoast - a "clean and simple" sketch which basically means that less is better. Sounded perfect for a birthday card for a man. The stamps are from the Papertrey Ink set My Punny Valentine. Under the squirrel it says "Nuts For You" and of course I am nuts for him even after all these years. :) The bag contains some salted, roasted peanuts, one of Keith's favorite snacks. Both the bag and the card background are Kraft, papers are Very Vanilla and Certainly Celery.

3 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

So clever, Elizabeth! And you are rocking the 30 x 5! Way to go!

Debby said...

Another really cute card and gift bag. Your cards give me ideas for scrapbook pages. I like the "less is more" idea and use it frequently on scrapbook pages to show off the pictures rather than the scrapbooking. One day I'll make cards, someday....I still have the hope that I'll make cards for my church family on their birthdays just to remember each one...someday.

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Totally cute bag and card!!! Happy Birthday Keith!!!!