Thursday, November 06, 2008

Grandparent Life Lessons

Where has this week gone???  I have a few pictures from our Sunday family time and here it is Thursday, but I'm still going to share them.  The kids all came over and we grilled hamburgers for lunch.  Hard to believe it's November as beautiful as the weather is.
As I looked through the pictures from Sunday I was struck by two things.  First was that I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I usually do and that was a surprise.  But second I noticed that we had a few grandparent life lessons that happened on Sunday.  The first was a grandma lesson shown above.  While having lunch I handed a napkin to Brooklyn, then started dabbing my mouth.  Of course she's a little magpie and copied my moves.  A lady needs to learn early the proper way to wipe her mouth doncha know. 
Next was her grandpa lesson out in the front yard.  Keith brought out two baseball gloves, a softball and a wiffle ball.  While he and Lynne' threw the softball back and forth Brooklyn chased the little wiffle ball around.  She even managed to walk close to Keith and chunk it at him a few times.
Now I'm in no way suggesting that we are the first to teach her these things.  In fact, I know for certain that Loni has already worked with B on throwing the ball.  But the photos just seemed so nice to me that we are each able to share something special with her.  Keith shares his love of outdoors and me, well I'm pretty messy while I eat so I do know my way around a napkin!

But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear Him, and His righteousness unto children's children. - Psalm 103:17

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted you to know that I purchased those little toddler lunchables, and Rachel was thrilled - although she wouldn't touch the diced ham in the one I bought (I kept remarking what a pretty pink it was too - no go), but she loved the cheese, crackers, and was thrilled with the cotainer. :)