Sunday, July 27, 2008

Priority Realignment

Today is a new day, as Sundays many times are. A time to refocus our energies, realign our priorities and step forward in confidence.

I'll admit that I've struggled with priorities lately. It should be Faith, Family, Friends, Finances (ok the last one is really work, but I like having all the same letter). But I have a new position at work and while learning the ropes it hit me that work (finances) has slowly been creeping up on the list and moving other things out of the way. My mental energies have been focused on work and even when I lay down to sleep at night I feel my mind attacking some of the work issues that need addressed. When I realized last night that this was happening I took some time in prayer and have asked God to help me realign my priorities.

Because we all only have "x" amount of hours available to us there's always something that has to give. It hit me that I haven't spent much time at all with my friends lately because of worrying about work. And that will not do at all. I'm not sure how to make it happen, but luckily I don't have to figure it out alone. God will let me know what to do and will put opportunities in front of me.

My prayer for all is that we take the time to look at our priorities and be certain that they are in the right order. If not, take the time to figure out what changes need to be made. And feel free to drop me a line and give me hints on the best way to do it! :)

"Cause me to know Thy lovingkindness in the morning, for in Thee do I trust. Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk, for I lift up my soul unto Thee." Psalm 143:8

2 comments:

Renna said...

When I start off my morning by seeking God first, asking the Holy Spirit to truly guide my thoughts, steps, and actions, He really does. Sadly, I don't do this every day. Many days, I'll find myself halfway through the day (or farther!), realizing I haven't prayed that prayer.

I might have prayed, sought God for things, or even just spent some time fellowshipping with Him, but I've found that when I pray that prayer in sincerity (not a quickly rattled rote prayer-tried that-never works for me!), He does indeed answer it for me.

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Dear friend, I do not walk in your shoes every day and so it makes it impossible for me to give any advice to your situation or to really understand your despair. I will tell you though that I miss talking with you, emailing with you and of course seeing your sweet face and I can certainly be empathtic to your feelings, because I would hate not having my friendship time. I need my friends. Anyway, you are in my thoughts and prayers all the time. I do hope you are able to find a solution you are looking for. Until then, I will be here waiting and always thinking of you and of course being a loyal blog reader!!! Thank goodness for blogs!!