Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy First Day of Spring!

And a beautiful day it was!

After dinner tonight Keith and I took Joe for a walk and saw many different kinds of flowers blooming. Tulips happen to be one of my favorites and one day I'm going to remember to plant bulbs in time to enjoy them in my own yard! I was taking a friend home from work yesterday and the center median by her house was filled with jaunty tulip blooms. I didn't see an easy way to take a picture without putting my life at risk on the road, but they sure were lovely. These tulips were in a neighbor's yard.


And really, nothing says spring around my house like dandelions! Say what you will about these dastardly weeds, but you have to admit that the flower looks somewhat like a sun. The intense yellow is quite beautiful and as long as you block out the rest of the plant you can almost convince yourself that they are a wonderful addition to your landscaping. ;)

We watched the weather forecast this morning and it's supposed to be gorgeous spring-like weather tomorrow and Saturday. And then....Easter Sunday will be cooler by about 20 degrees and rainy. :( Because of this we are currently working on a Plan B for our family afternoon. Originally we were headed to the Arboretum after church for a picnic and picture taking of Little Bit amongst the pretty flowers. It could possibly still happen if the rains hold off for just a few hours longer.

And honestly, does it really matter? Our family will have a grand time together on Easter Sunday regardless of what we are doing. The most important thing is remembering that Christ died for us. Enough said.

"But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our sins; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him." - Isaiah 53:5

2 comments:

Knitting Rose said...

Amen sister. the beauty around us and in our own families is enough to make you sing praises.
Kiss the baby for me!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are having such great weather. Enjoy it for me too...it snowed here today!