Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pineapple Angel Food Cake


The Newlyweds are home from their honeymoon and they came over to show pictures and share stories from their wonderful trip.  We had a really nice evening and even shared cooking dinner together and that was just wonderful.  We made a Sesame Noodle with Chicken meal that I found on Pinterest, but honestly it was just ok and I won't be sharing the link or recipe.  

But I do like to have a dessert on hand when people come over and since our daughter is lactose intolerant I have a Pinterest board at the ready with recipes to try.  And this one was a winner!

If you've spent any time at all on Pinterest - or now on Facebook with all the recipes that are shared - you have surely seen this recipe for Pineapple Angel Food Cake.  Nothing I had linked back to an actual site, so I can't give credit for this.  But it was GOOD!  And easy!  And relatively good, or at least not as bad, for you!

The Ingredients:


Yes that's it - just an angel food cake mix (the notes on the pin said it must be the "one step" angel food cake mix) and a 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple.


I didn't even get my mixer out - just used a wooden spoon to stir it.  It had a very light and airy batter.  This would be a great cake to make with kids since it mixes so easily.


It did sink down a bit in the middle, but that didn't affect the flavor at all.  While it was baking I kept thinking that the house had that 'fair smell' to it of very sweet funnel cakes (though it didn't taste at all like a funnel cake).


 Mmmmm.......    :)






We served it with a dollop of Cool Whip because I seem to remember 'back in the day' that their jingle was something about Cool Whip Non-Dairy Whipped Topping.  However, below their list of ingredients it says in bold letters:  CONTAINS MILK.  Lynne' decided it would be best not to test out the theory so had hers without.

This was a really good, light, summery sort of cake since it uses the angel food cake mix.  And since I'm a big fan of pineapple I really enjoyed it.



PINEAPPLE ANGEL FOOD CAKE

1 Angel Food Cake Mix (Betty Crocker works great)
20 ounce can of crushed pineapple

In a bowl mix together the cake mix and entire contents of pineapple can - I used a wooden spoon.  Pour into a 13x9 pan sprayed with nonstick coating and bake for 30 minutes at 350*.

1 comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, this really does look soooooo good. I love pineapple so I really have to make this one. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty