This has been the fasted week EVER! There’s really something a bit exciting about the speed with which this time of year passes though. It becomes almost a game to see if we can get things done in time!
Now let’s look at some of the blessings of the top week. Thank you to Susanne for providing us with this opportunity to focus and share on a weekly basis – and it’s open to all, so join in!
1. Without a doubt the Christmas Tree has to be number 1. The amazing peace of sitting in the room lit only by the lights of the tree is beyond description.
2. Christmas Shopping with My Beloved – We enjoy this time together so much and try to go shopping at different malls or different parts of town just so that we can see the decorations. The hand holding, the smiles and laughter, the excitement of finding the perfect gift for somebody is absolute bliss.
3. Knitting Guild was Tuesday night and it’s so good to see friends. The knitting group that I used to play with now meets on a night that I have church, so I haven’t seen them in forever. Now I get to see them once a month at least and catch up on what’s going on. And the guild program that one friend was teaching came to an end this month and I learned so much from her. So glad to be a part of this group.
4. Brooklyn – Even the weeks that I don’t get to see or love on my granddaughter I love that I’m now able to talk to her and see her at the same time using iPhone’s Facetime. We chatted on the phone one night this week and in 3 year old fashion she was zooming around the room and gathering up things to show me. One that she came back to time and time again was an ornament she had made in school and it was darling to see how proud she was of her creation. I love that we’ll be able to craft together very soon. She also dug around under the Christmas tree until she found my present and ran over to show me. LOVE this age she’s at right now!
5. Worship Opportunities at our church are abundant this time of year! I love being with the ladies and lovin’ on them and getting to know some of the other people better as well. And the sermon series right now is spot on what I happen to need to hear. Don’t you just love when that happens?
“Bless us Lord, this Christmas, with quietness of mind; Teach us to be patient and always to be kind”