Even though it’s going to be 70 degrees where I live today I decided to change my FFF graphic to the snowflakes. I’ve been seeing all the snow pictures on our news and it’s kind of getting me into the spirit of winter.
Head over to Susanne’s for more Friday Faves and prepare to be blessed!
1. Peace Within the Holidays – Thanksgiving came and went without my usual panic this year and Christmas season is shaping up to be the same. I think what happened is that I finally “gave up perfect.” What I mean by that is that so many of the expectations of the holidays are thing we put on ourselves and when we let that go we can relax and enjoy ourselves and others. Although perhaps part of that peace is because I’ve done the holidays so many times now that things just happen as part of routine and doesn’t require as much effort as they did in the past. Who knows? But I do know that I am loving the peace and calm, comfort and joy.
2. Holiday Decorations – And we don’t even have ours out of the attic yet! Decorating our home is on the list for tomorrow and I am so excited about it. We also have gone to two shopping malls already with the sole purpose of just walking around and enjoying their decorations. The season is a much slower pace this year and walking along holding hands with my Beloved is such a joy.
3. Partially Remodeled Master Bedroom – We did get our bedroom painted the Saturday before Thanksgiving and ended up going with a greenish color (pictures to follow soon). I’m so happy we went with this color as it is so peaceful for a bedroom. My sister-in-law declared it to be “spa-like” and that’s a great description. Most evenings, and some mornings, will find me sitting on my chair and reading or knitting, a cup of coffee or hot tea close at hand.
4. Peppermint Hot Tea – My word I’m hooked on this stuff! I’m using Peppermint Tea by Timothy’s for my Keurig and it is so perfect and soothing at the end of a day.
5. Family and Friends – Nothing can make a person feel more content than getting a phone call, text or email from family and friends. Even a quick hello, how are you doing lets you know that you’re being thought of and loved. Tis the season!