Happy, happy Friday y’all! I have had such a wonderful, contented week and my heart is so full of joy. I love when we finally listen to the Lord and put stress and junk aside and just enjoy all there is. Head over to Susanne’s to see more Friday Faves and be blessed!
1. Keith and I have added Bible reading and a devotion time at our dinner table every night. There really is nothing as intimate as spending this time with your beloved. We take turns reading the Bible and the devotion aloud, then spend time talking about the readings. It is an amazing time together.
2. I celebrated a birthday on Wednesday! That night at our Mentorship Class at church they all sang Happy Birthday to me and that was the most touching thing ever. All those faces that I’ve come to love and cherish singing to me. A very special time.
3. Last night we went to dinner with all the kids to celebrate my birthday. Good times indeed! Little Bit was her excited 3 year old self and so happy to be with everybody. She got out of their truck when they arrived and ran over to me holding a card high in the air. “Grandma, grandma - this is for you!” What a delight. Looking around the table last night at these special faces – I felt so blessed.
4. Tuesday night was the monthly meeting for the Dallas Hand Knitters Guild and I got to catch up with a friend I haven’t seen in some time. Another friend of ours is doing the program through next month – a knit along lace shawl. I’ve got the yarn to do a shawl for me, but knew I had several baby blankets to knit during this time, so to keep up I’m doing the doll sized version. My doll is going to be quite styling with her knitted lace with beads shawl when it’s all said and done. :)
5. I had said for a couple of weeks that this year we wouldn’t hand out candy on Halloween because I didn’t need the leftovers here to tempt me. At the very last minute we ran up to the store and bought a ginormous bag of candy and I am so glad we did! We didn’t have a lot of kids come to the door, but the ones we had were absolutely darling and I enjoyed seeing them and visiting with their moms. In between the doorbell rings Keith and I were watching the World Series on TV and I was knitting. Can an evening get any better than that?