I’ve had a rough week this week and not feeling well, so I am so thankful that Susanne started our Friday’s Fave Five. It really does help to accentuate the positive and focus on blessings.
1. The Olympics! We' have spent so much time sitting in front of the TV since the Olympics began and have enjoyed it so much.
I will confess that I still don’t understand curling, but I think the thing I enjoy the most about it is that it appears that precision and timing seem to be more important than physical prowess. At one point the announcer was telling us that, at least outside of the Olympics, curling can be done by people of all ages and spoke of somebody in their 70’s that still competes. That is so inspiring to me! At this stage of my life I could never do the aerial skiing or things like that, but it’s always fun to have a sport that you can kind of picture yourself doing. Realistically I’d probably fall on the ice carrying that heavy rock in curling, but I can still dream. :)
2. Knitting – Lots of TV time equals lots of knitting time. I finished the Hurricane Hat and am now finishing up a pair of mittens. I also received some yarn in the mail and started working on a blanket for a friend of mine that is pregnant (yay!).
3. Family time – Last weekend Husband, Daughter and I went out for errands and “get out of the house” time. We started out at The Woolie Ewe so that I could pick up a new sock kit they have and so that Daughter could look around. I do believe she was in fiber awe with their inventory! Good times….
After that we went to a great burger place nearby and had fun laughing together. And then….off we went to start looking at new cars for her! We were actually blessed with a very nice and helpful used car salesman. He explained to her some things she need to do and to look for. So nice.
4. A new to us Mexican restaurant opened up close to our house on Monday and the three of us were there for opening night. It really is our favorite food and to have it so close to our house is nice! Is it silly to have a restaurant on my Friday Fave Fives???? :)
5. My ladies group is doing a study using the book The Life You’ve Always Wanted – Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People by John Ortberg. There’s been several phrases and things in this book that have stuck with me and I encourage y’all to check your library and see if you can read this book. We’re not even halfway through the book, but I’m glad we’re reading it.