Friday, February 05, 2010

Friday’s Fave Five!

FFF feb.

Another week, another fave five!  Head to Susanne’s blog to see more.   :)

1. Goofy prayers – again!  I'm so glad to know that Our Father has a sense of humor.  Last night as I was praying at the dinner table I heard the most goofy thing ever come out of my mouth.  I was asking Him for favor for my family as we are all on the roads today (which was tomorrow last night) and it came out as wanting grace “on the morrow.”  Now as this silly sentence was coming out of my mouth I started talking slower and had a furrowed brow as I tried to figure out why in the world I would use a statement like that!  Ah well, I know that He knows what I meant.

2. Reading and reading!  Really there is not much better than cuddling in during the cold winter months and reading a good book.  I’ve posted two reviews already this week and one more tomorrow and they all have been such great books.  I love having Christian authors that write suspense novels and also those that love writing the Christian version of Chick Lit.  The stories are great and we are safe in knowing that all the “yucky stuff” won’t be inside the pages.  Praise Be!

3. Dinner!  Yes, I do love food.  And I love that we are taking the eating at home still so seriously.  We honestly prefer it and are having fun trying out new recipes.  Last Saturday I got a new issue of Taste of Home magazine in the mail (if you’ve not tried it – do!) and put 3 new recipes on our menu for this week.  Two were really great and will now go in our rotation and one was ok, just not really to our taste.  It’s fun to eat together, pray together beforehand and believe it or not, fun to clean up together afterwards.

In fact, in the last two weeks the only meal we’ve eaten out is after church each Sunday!  That might not be impressive to most people, but for us it’s a huge change.

4. Knitting and TV – Again with the cold weather, we’ve spent more time than usual watching tv/movies this week.  This also gives me the chance to knit as I’m not one that’s able to just sit and watch tv.  I’ve gotten more things done than usual and it’s very satisfying.

5. My mother-in-law – Today is her 75th birthday and I almost refuse to believe that!  She is so much fun and such an inspiration to me in many ways.  I am so very, very blessed that she is in my life.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Cold weather = movies and knitting. That's an absolutely lovely way to pass the time in a cozy fashion.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

happy birthday to MIL! I love TOH Mag too... I made a really good recipe called Herb Roasted Porkloin.. you can find the recipe at http://megslifeisgood.blogspot.com

have a great week!

Marg said...

75, Wow that's an honor...And she's such an inspiration...that's what I want to be at that age...
I love what you wrote about eating at home...we do so much of that..and now we've just planned another party for Sunday night rather than paying the big buck to go out with 2 large families to celebrate birthdays..
But of course, the load falls on me, but I love them all.
Have a good week.

Karyn said...

It is my MIL's BD today as well! She is 76 and is a blessing in or our lives, for sure.

Eating at home instead of going out is always a good choice - except on special occassions.

I love Christian Fiction...it would always be on my list if I didn't mind repeating myself over and over.
I'm going to go look for your reviews to see what you've ben reading!

Brenda said...

Reading and eating, two of my fav's as well. I just never seem to have enough time to read.

I get Rachel Ray magazine in the mail and always save it to read in some special moment, like a trip or a quiet afternoon. Homemade food is the best!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susanne said...

Happy Birthday to your mom in law.

I love to cook so we eat mostly at home but I love the inspiration a person can get from magazines like Taste of Home.

Love Christian fiction too. I'll have to check out your reviews.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Isn't it wonderful that He always knows what we mean?

A good book? GREAT! I'll go back and check out your reviews right now.

Enjoy your indoor activities during this cold season. Great attitude toward that, by the way.

Happy weekend!