Another week, another fave five! Head to Susanne’s blog to see more. :)
1. Goofy prayers – again! I'm so glad to know that Our Father has a sense of humor. Last night as I was praying at the dinner table I heard the most goofy thing ever come out of my mouth. I was asking Him for favor for my family as we are all on the roads today (which was tomorrow last night) and it came out as wanting grace “on the morrow.” Now as this silly sentence was coming out of my mouth I started talking slower and had a furrowed brow as I tried to figure out why in the world I would use a statement like that! Ah well, I know that He knows what I meant.
2. Reading and reading! Really there is not much better than cuddling in during the cold winter months and reading a good book. I’ve posted two reviews already this week and one more tomorrow and they all have been such great books. I love having Christian authors that write suspense novels and also those that love writing the Christian version of Chick Lit. The stories are great and we are safe in knowing that all the “yucky stuff” won’t be inside the pages. Praise Be!
3. Dinner! Yes, I do love food. And I love that we are taking the eating at home still so seriously. We honestly prefer it and are having fun trying out new recipes. Last Saturday I got a new issue of Taste of Home magazine in the mail (if you’ve not tried it – do!) and put 3 new recipes on our menu for this week. Two were really great and will now go in our rotation and one was ok, just not really to our taste. It’s fun to eat together, pray together beforehand and believe it or not, fun to clean up together afterwards.
In fact, in the last two weeks the only meal we’ve eaten out is after church each Sunday! That might not be impressive to most people, but for us it’s a huge change.
4. Knitting and TV – Again with the cold weather, we’ve spent more time than usual watching tv/movies this week. This also gives me the chance to knit as I’m not one that’s able to just sit and watch tv. I’ve gotten more things done than usual and it’s very satisfying.
5. My mother-in-law – Today is her 75th birthday and I almost refuse to believe that! She is so much fun and such an inspiration to me in many ways. I am so very, very blessed that she is in my life.