Friday, November 21, 2008

Preparing for Thanksgiving

I took this picture of Joe last weekend and am always struck by how white his face is in photos. When I look at him in real life I don't really see it.

We have turned downright chilly here in Texas. Goodbye flip flops, capris and t-shirts and hello jeans, clogs and long sleeve tops. Goodbye Cheerios, hello oatmeal.

I look outside and see all the leaves on the ground and toy with the idea of bagging them. But Miss B will be here tomorrow and one of the things we enjoy is going outside and stomping on the leaves. Time enough later to do the work - I'm going to leave them out there for my grandbaby to have fun with.

This week has been filled with getting the house ready for guests next week. Like most people, I do a little extra cleaning before having people over. I think I've lost my mind a little this time though because yesterday I pulled most everything out of my kitchen cabinets and scrubbed the insides. Because, you know, that's what guests do is check out the inside of your kitchen cabinets.

So does everybody get a case of spring fever in the fall? I do like to get my home clean before bringing out the Christmas decorations. And the insides of my kitchen cabinets are indeed ready to be decorated.
"You prepare a table for me...my cup overflows." - Psalm 23:5

2 comments:

Renna said...

I am LOL at the idea of your inside cabinets being ready for decorations! ;-Þ

I do clean more when I'm having company...er..that's when I clean. ;-Þ

Have fun with Miss B in the leaves. I can think of nothing funner (and yes, I know that's not a word!). :-)

Enid said...

Ohh Great thanks for the reminder...! Now I feel I do need to clean then...uggh ...Yall have agreat time this week!