Friday, November 14, 2008

Homemade Sandwich Bread

Today's forecast was for a strong cold front to come through, complete with winds from the north.  Those winds are here and it's supposed to be quite cool at night now.  I believe that fall has arrived.
And so I get the urge to nest and cook.  This morning I started some sandwich bread and was delighted with how it turned out.  I've always loved homemade bread (who doesn't?), but really it doesn't work that great for sandwiches or toast.  This one does.  It slices thin and the texture is perfect.
The funny thing is, I got a text message from Keith about lunch time telling me he doesn't want to buy the "unnamed" bread that we usually buy ever again.  He said that it's stale, has no taste and smells.  I had planned this homemade bread to be a surprise, but what girl could pass up this opportunity?  I sent him a text telling him that I had a loaf of freshly baked bread waiting for him at home.  He was pleased.  :)
And now I've promised him that I will continue doing this and he can have his daily sandwich made with homemade bread.  It must be love....
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live by bread alone.'" - Luke 4:4

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMM Homemade Bread!!!!

Tracy Batchelder said...

What a nice treat!

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

That is the most beautiful loaf of bread I have ever seen. You rock!!! Now I must nickname you the Bread Maker!!! I remember as a kid, my mom always made homemade bread just like this. We lived wayyyyy out in the country and so getting to the store for bread was not often as it should have been. So she always made bread for us. My Mom at the time was a SAHM. She always baked and cooked and I remember always coming in the door to something that smelled good.Cakes, cookies,pies, bread, homemade rolls. Always making something yummy. I do wish I had inherited her desire and abilities to bake. She is truly a wonderful cook. Hope to have a taste one day!!!

Renna said...

I am impressed...not sure I can do it, too, but still, impressed!