Thursday, August 23, 2007

Peace


Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you. - 2 Thessalonians 3:16

As I sat thinking last night the word Peace kept coming to me. Right now I am in a wonderful state of Peace. Things are so good - GOD is so good. Way too much turmoil and sense of unbalance the last 2 years and now we have entered a period of beautiful Peace.

It is so good to have a loving husband and good relationship. We can be so silly together (yes even at our advanced age!) and yet the quiet times are so good. Peace. The feeling that it's ok to be quiet and comfortable together and enjoy it. To bask in the glow of our togetherness and praise that we have found one another.

The children are doing well. They all have good jobs, good homes, good lives. Peace. When you know that your children are happy and well. The grandbaby is well and beautiful. Holding her gives me an enormous sense of peace and contentment. Truly there are few things as wonderful in life as holding a grandbaby. Listening to her sounds of happiness while having a bottle bring back so many memories of my babies. I wish I could bottle those sounds and play them often.

Friendships are blossoming and fulfilling. Being with my friends fills a place in my heart. Having girlfriends to talk to, giggle with, hug when either side needs it - God is so good to bring these women into my life. Peace. When you know that your friends are there even if you get caught up in your busy 9-5 life. Seeing a friend's number on your cell phone as it rings brings a sense of delight to your heart.

And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7

I know that there are so many places where there is no Peace, but I praise Him who brings Peace to me. And a song from long ago just popped into my head...

Let there be Peace on earth and let it begin with me...."

Thank you Jesus for bringing that Peace to my life right now.

4 comments:

Liz G. said...

I am not at an advanced age - so if you think you are, you need to rethink things...y'all keep having that fun!

Unknown said...

I can relate! When my kids and grandkids are doing well I am at peace and so very grateful to God!
Someone at a seminar told me once that peace was boring. I believe we can have peace and joy in the midst of adventure.

tarcher said...

Liz, I know how you feel. It seems we have such parallel lives. Great husbands, great kids, and great grandchildren and friends. I get to see my dgs this weekend and I can hardly wait. I hope you have a fabulous week and thank you for your blog. I love reading yours it's such an inspiration.

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Bless you. I loved reading this post. I completely agree with every word.