Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Log Cabin Syrup Bottle

This was my favorite purchase when we went to garage sales on Saturday. It's a Log Cabin syrup bottle and I was so excited to find it. While I can't say for sure I remember it from my childhood it does strike a chord within.

I've been working on decluttering stuff around the house and almost didn't get this bottle. But I realized that when I have people over I really can use this and it will look so nice on the table. And seeing it in use will make me smile.

I called mom to tell her about this bottle and she was telling me about the Log Cabin syrup tin bottle. I've seen them at flea markets and antique shops, but I just didn't fancy them as well. The difference is that mom remembers the tins with fondness.

Isn't it fun how different things can strike different people?

(And as an aside, Keith really got a kick out of me taking a picture of this bottle!)

Oh and Brooklyn slept through the entire garage sale experience. Clearly she was not impressed with whole idea!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do remember these syrup bottles. Awesome find!!!! I just love to find cool things like that. You need to come to Denton and hang out with me at the Mini Malls. You would love those places. Kind of like garage sales but indoors. One of my favorite places to go.

someone else said...

That is an awesome syrup bottle! What a great find.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always fun to see a new face.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.