Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Lingering Images

Every so often I'll see something and it will stay in my mind for quite some time. Last night is an example. As we were heading to the new house we decided we should stop for gas and beverages. While K was gassing up the truck, J and I headed inside for drinks. Sitting on the curb outside the building was an older woman, next to her quite old pickup. Both she and her vehicle were rather unkempt, but what really struck me about this scenario was that she was sitting there with quite a few scratch off lottery tickets, diligently scratching and hoping for the big payoff. For some reason this image has stuck with me and I find myself thinking of her this morning.

1 comment:

Loni said...

You know it is funny but she keeps popping up in my mind as well. I hope she gets that pay off.