Thursday, June 15, 2006

5 Hour Baby Sweater

I hate to call it a Finished Object because I still need to weave in the ends and do the seams under the arms - oh and buy buttons and get them sewn in - but the knit portion of this sweater is DONE! Definitely doing some Snoopy dancing around here as I rarely finish anything I begin. Actually I take that back - in knitting I'm getting to have a pretty good track record on finishing. :)

Today's Adventures in Exercise....I've never been known for my grace, but for the most part that's ok. However, today took the cake. Joe and I went on our usual morning walk and I cleverly decided to "kick it up a notch" and add some brief jogging spurts in. We hadn't jogged more than half a house length when I tripped and did a very impressive swan dive - right into the concrete. I landed chest and shoulder first, so I have a beautiful case of road rash across my chest, a bruise on my shoulder and my arm is sore enough I can't even hold my cell phone up - GASP! Next to hit was my chin, which bounced substantially enough that my jaw was too sore to eat - another major GASP! I conceded defeat at this point and limped back home, crying piteously, took a shower and then slathered on the Neosporin. ~ sigh ~ So much for being a world renowned marathon race runner.

Last night we all went to the Studio Movie Grill and saw DaVinci Code with the church. Yummo pizza, popcorn and pop and the movie was pretty good, too.

~ Elizabeth

I don't think jogging is healthy, especially morning jogging. If morning joggers knew how tempting they looked to morning motorists, they would stay home and do sit-ups. - Rita Rudner

No comments: