Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats



Sometimes things just work out that don't take a lot of thought... and this was one of those things.  



We were walking through the grocery store and saw these bags of marshmallows.  It truly was a light bulb moment for me and I had to grab a bag to try Rice Krispie Treats.

The bags are 8 oz, vs the 10 oz regular marshmallows, so I painstakingly figured out what the correct amount of Rice Krispies would be for this smaller bag.  So proud to figure it out, then discovered the good folks at Kraft had already done that for me and it was printed on the bag.  Sigh...  ;)



It was a little bit sad watching the cute little pumpkins melt and lose their shape.





These were really quite good, though I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't taste pumpkin in them.  I found them to be a strong spice flavor and I'm not so certain that kids would like them.  We did though!

And a quick note on the props in this photo and I didn't even realize it until playing with the photos after the shoot.  This ended up being a cool memory shot for me - the napkin was embroidered by my mom and the cutting board was made for me by my dad.  How cool is that??


Deep Thoughts:  "Family is a gift that lasts forever"



Shared with:  Inspire Me Tuesday

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Cool fall idea! And I love that the picture included family "mementos." It's awesome to have little bits of everyday things to bring up memories of our loved ones.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun, I will definitely make this one. Thanks. Thanks also for linking up to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty