Thursday, June 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Loni!


My beautiful daughter-in-law recently celebrated her birthday and of course we all love to celebrate.  We had dinner out with all the kids and both of my 1.5 granddaughters - a great time together as always!

Loni has always been one of my biggest Crafting Cheerleaders, so it's especially fun to make a card for her each year.  I also love the new 'My Spin on the Pin' challenge in our scrapbooking group - sure makes it easier to be creative!

This is the pin I used - http://pinterest.com/pin/82331499410733993/ - and here is my card:


Virtually identical to be sure.  The Happy Birthday stamp I used is from Morning Star Stamps, the circle punches and white cardstock are Stampin' Up.




The paper is a pretty cool deal.  I'm finding that more and more I'm using digital paper and just printing out what I need.  It's far cheaper and a lot less to store.  All of the pattern paper on this card is in the Go Floral Paper Pack by Studio Basic.  

What I did was open a page in Photoshop Elements, then put two inch squares of each of the pattern paper I wanted to use on the page.  Print, then cut to fit the openings I had punched in the card.  I used dimensionals to pop up that entire layer.

I'm pleased with how this turned out and of course it could be used for any occasion just by using a different sentiment stamp.

Deep Thoughts:  "Smile as much as you can, because today is your special day. Happy, happy Birthday to you!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Very cute card, Elizabeth! So simple yet so festive. Thanks for sharing! And happy birthday to Loni! I know what a special bond you guys have. :-)